We believe that everyone should be able to experience the riches of Wentworth Woodhouse, regardless of any access requirements. As you may imagine, this is a tall order for an old country house, but we are doing our best, taking extra care while the House continues to have building work carried out for essential structural repairs.
We’re working hard to create an inclusive and accessible site for all, making improvements throughout our regeneration plan.
This page contains information which we hope will be helpful for our visitors with access requirements.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Accessible parking is available in our main Visitor Car Park with bays clearly signposted.
- Visitors with restricted mobility may be taken to and from the main entrance via our accessible visitor shuttle service.
Main Entrance to House, Reception and Ticketing Area
- The main house entrance and ticket area is situated on the ground floor, which is accessed via four steps. The welcome desk has a lowered section to make it more accessible.
- There is an access ramp to the right of the main entrance. Visitors requiring the ramp should inform the Bookings Team on 01226 351161 ahead of their visit.
Stairs to the First Floor
- The first floor is currently accessed via two flights of stairs. Visitors with restricted mobility should contact the Bookings Team for individual advice on 01226 351161.
Carers Go Free!
Carers go free when accompanying a disabled visitor. Simply show your carers’ ID card upon arrival.
- One accessible toilet can be found on the ground floor of the house through the Tea Room.
- There are also two accessible toilets in the gardens, one in the main area and one near the Camellia House.
- Our garden is accessible via the main gravel paths for wheelchair or electric scooter users.
- You will be taken to the accessible entrance by a member of our team on the accessible shuttle, so please ensure you call ahead of your visit on 01226 351161 so we can help you plan your day.
- Our Tea Room is located on the ground floor of the house and is fully accessible.
- Our Gift Shop is located on the ground floor of the house, opposite the Tea Room and is fully accessible.
- Guide dogs are welcome throughout our House & Gardens.
See what’s coming up at Wentworth WoodhouseFind out more
Get the information to make the most out of your visit to Wentworth WoodhouseFind out more
Over 300 rooms, with architecture from the 1720s to 1890s, the House itself has a sumptuous set of State Rooms intended to dazzle guestsFind out more